Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Mad Men


AMC's Mad Men is back this Sunday (July 25th), and like many other people I'm excited! It's a cult phenomenon that has effected the country's design aesthetic by inspiring us in the way we dress (please see Banana Republic [here] and QVC [here])


Raise the martini glass: Banana Republic and "Mad Men" are collaborating again. Photo courtesy of AMC/Banana Republic


and even the way we design our interiors (ie. Design Within Reach [here]). I mean haven't you all noticed the resurgence of mid-century modern furniture in the past few years? Not only is this show full of beautiful people and interesting story lines, but also (in my opinion) it has one constant character, makes it so great. The set design.









Photos courtesy of Interior Design Magazine and The New York Times, photographer: Carin Baer


The designer Amy Wells is wonderful with creating period interiors that feel authentic, and in some cases entirely modern. Her work can also be seen in the beautiful film, A Single Man. I must admit, I was very excited when I noticed the fabric on Charley's headboard is the same kind I plan on using on my Louis Chairs!


I found an interesting interview by Interior Design Magazine with Amy Wells, you can read Conquest of Cool [here]. I also read an article published in The New York Times this past Sunday called, Back to Work for 'Mad Men' [here] which discusses the changes that will be happening in the new season. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment